Thursday, October 29, 2015

South Carolina State Fair!


The SC State Fair has been in Columbia the past 12 days! I love it when the Fair comes to town. There is so much excitement in the air and it's another sign that Fall is here! My brother and his girlfriend came down to go with my husband and me. We had so much fun! Elephant rides, pig races, petting zoo, fried food, and freshly squeezed lemonade, what more could one want! 



I love the pig races every year, they are just so cute!! And then there is Swifty the Swimming Pig! She basically leaps into a trough and swims to the other side for her Oreo cookie prize. Cutest. Thing. Ever. 



We also did the petting zoo, twice. Feeding the sheep and goats was a lot more fun than I thought it would be! I always tried to make sure the littlest ones were getting food, those big ones just butt their way in! 





One vendor had the mother-load of fried food. My husband and I split the candy platter - fried Milky Way, fried Resses cup, 2 fried Oreos, and a fried cookie dough bite! Delish! 


Fried oreos

The fair is so much fun during the day, but I think it's the prettiest at night! The lights all come on and everything is so bright and colorful!



How cute are these cuddlin' cows!








No comments:

Post a Comment