Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day Sweets


This is my first Valentine's Day married to my favorite man. So, I am trying to make this a special one! Not that they all won't be special :) I'm all about adding special touches. Don't just buy, make, or do something because "that's what you do" on Valentine's Day; make it unique to you and your sweet life together. It will be that much more appreciated when an effort is made to show how much you really care and that you aren't doing something just because you feel like you should.

Am I right?

Ok, moving on.

I love baking and make any excuse to do so! My husband loves the cookie cakes from Great American Cookie. We even ordered one for his groom's cake! So I thought what if I get him one of those heart shaped ones for Valentine's Day, but then I decided I could just bake one! And then realized I didn't know how to make it heart-shaped...so, I ended up baking individual chocolate chip cookies and using heart-shaped cookie cutters to shape them. (I cut the dough but they turned into blobs anyway so I just cut them after they baked) I have lots of chocolate chip cookie recipes, but for this I just used the one on the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip packaging. So. Good. They know what they are doing...THEN! I found a recipe from Tidy Mom for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting! I decided to make cookie sandwiches with the frosting in between. SO GOOD! And to make it extra festive, I put red crystals on the frosting peeking out from the sandwich. He's going to love them! (And I will, too!)


They turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. (Displayed on the cutest ruffled cupcake stand from TJ Maxx, a Christmas gift from my sweet mother-in-law!)



Another delicious (and decadent!) option are individual Molten Chocolate Cakes. I've made these many times and LOVE THEM. They are super easy to make and taste like they're from a high-end french bakery.



These delicious desserts are sure to impress anyone! And not just on Valentine's Day :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment