Sunday, August 7, 2016

Decorating with Thrift Store finds

On Saturday, the hubs and I made the trek over to our old stomping grounds in West Columbia. There are soooooo many thrift stores, consignment shops, and antique stores in that area! Mainly off Meeting Street if you're interested. So many awesome places to hit up if you're looking for a hidden treasure or two (or three). 


Here are my amazing finds! A beautiful yellow and blue ginger jar from a consignment shop on the corner of Meeting Street and State Street, a cool frame from His House, and a rustic chair from "Mission Thrift" which is a thrift store off Meeting Street whose proceeds go to funding their mission work in Costa Rica! Get cool things and help support missions, win-win!


Here is how I used my ginger jar: on a console table from Kirkland's with a few hardback books, found in the "Free" bin outside of 2nd and Charles, topped with a spiky objet from Hobby Lobby. Also appearing is a lamp and candle from Target, "South Carolina" picture frame from The Alcoves in Greenwood, SC and a Fiddle Leaf Fig tree from the amazing Woodley's Garden Center which is set in a basket from Michaels.


And here in the corner of my "coffee bar room" I stuck that cool chair and draped my great-grandmother's quilt over the back for a fun accent in the room. 

Not pictured is the gilded frame, I have ideas for repurposing that later ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment