Tuesday, September 6, 2016

It's Fall, Y'all!


Labor Day has passed and we are well on our way to the wonderful, crispness of fall! Fall is easily one of my favorite seasons, if not my favorite (besides the Christmas season, yes it counts!) I think in the South we look forward to it more as a relief from the heat of summer. I saw a quote a landscape designer made in an issue of Southern Living and it fits the thought perfectly: "Fall is a Southerner's reward for having survived summer." YES. 

As we are all getting excited at the thought of fun Fall festivities (yay alliteration), I have rounded up some favorites I have come across.

Enjoy!

1. A round-up of 10 things to do in September from PureWow. This is an awesome website that curates "the breadth of women's lifestyle: fashion, beauty, home, arts and culture, money, tech, food and travel."


2. Free Fall printables! An easy and inexpensive way to ready your home for the season. Thanks to Ann from "On Sutton Place" for her creativeness and sharing her talent with us! (See one I printed at the top of this post)


3. We all know the beauty Fall brings - here is Southern Living's pick of the South's Best Fall Colors so you can go enjoy it! I'm all over a weekend getaway to Blowing Rock!


4. While you're out and about leaf peeping, head to your local U-Pick apple orchard (my favorite is Sky Top Orchard in Flat Rock, NC), Country Living has taken the guess work out of which apples are best for which favorite fall treat in their article, Best Apples for Cooking and Baking.

5. And finally, what gets us in the mood for fall more than pumpkin spice scented candles, lotion and hand soaps? Cult favorite Bath and Body Works has tons of new scents this season that I can't wait to try...think Salted Caramel Pumpkin, Pumpkin Apple Cider and Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte!


No comments:

Post a Comment