Monday, November 2, 2015

Apple Picking


One tradition the hubs and I started this year is going apple picking!! I have been wanting to do this FOREVER. And I've been wanting to try these infamous apple cider doughnuts... 

We drove up to Hendersonville, NC and went to Skytop Orchard a few weekends ago. It was quite chilly, but that made it feel a lot like fall! We had to walk to the far end of the orchards to find trees that still had apples one them, a lot had been picked through! I had tons of visions of apple pies going through my head and applesauce, spiced apples, apple bundt cake with a brown sugar glaze.... ok so I've been scouring Southern Living for apple recipes. And I want to try them all! 




Once we finished picking our apples, we stood in the longest line ever for the ever popular apple cider doughnuts, and we were not disappointed!!! Hot, melting in your mouth, sugary sweetness with a hint of tang from the apple cider. There is a reason why these guys are so popular! 

So we checked that one off of the fall to-do list! And we will definitely be back next year!









Where are some other great places to go apple picking?

No comments:

Post a Comment